• català
  • español
  • english

  • Main menu:

    Segueix en viu

     

    Mountaineers for Himalayas Foundation

     

    Segueix en viu




     

    Sorry, this text is not available in english

    30/06/2009

    PHOTO GALLERY

    23/06/2009
    I have been late a bit to hang the photos of the last expedition to the Mc. Kinley.
    The fact is that last day, the summit day, we decided with Mike that we would do photos to ourselves mutually and once in Talkeetna, we would exchange ourselves across the computer. But it happened that he had [...]

    TUESDAY JUNE, 09TH 2009

    THE CHRONICLE OF THE DAY
    While the light aircraft is taking off, I say goodbye to the Denali contemplating the magnitude of the Kalhidiva Glacier (I show you a photo of it) and I relax after a long slope which exhausted us because we spent consecutive eighteen hours.
    In the descent, we also have to drag all material [...]

    JUNE, 08TH/09TH 2009

    THE CHRONICLE OF THE DAY
    Last night we went down from the Altitude Camp to the Base Camp without many complications. 
    We slept a few hours and, early in the morning, to avoid avalanches and to be able to pass the cracks with more safety, we continued going down to the Camp where we found the runway.
     
    Now [...]

    SUMMIT ACHIEVED!!! JUNE, 07TH 2009

    Summit Achieved!! We deserved to have a day with favourable meteorological conditions and we have had it: the wind only has blown in the Denali Pass and we have arrived to the crest without air. We spent seven hours and a half in the raise and five hours and a half in going down.
    The spectacle [...]

    SUNDAY MORNING 07TH JUNE

    THE FIRST CHRONICLE OF THE DAY 07/06/09

    SATURDAY 06TH JUNE

     
    THE CHRONICLE OF THE DAY
    We have been 16 hours confined inside the tent becouse of the wind, finally it calms down.
    The weather forecast is not so bad, so, if all continue like this, we will try to get the summit tomorrow ( 6 p.m. in Spain), at last…! May the force be with us!!
    ALBERT BOSCH

    FRIDAY 05TH JUNE

     
    THE CHRONICLE OF THE DAY
    Finally the forecasts have not been so bad and we have risen up to the Altitude Camp to 5.250m. and we are going to try attacking the summit between Sunday and Monday.
    The raise has been hard because we were going very loaded. The edge is totally exposed and the wind was [...]

    THURSDAY 04TH JUNE

    THE CHRONICLE OF THE DAY
    Today is my birthday. I am 43 years old. As a present I would have liked to reach the summit, but I am very satisfied because we have given ourselves a second opportunity, besides, the fact that aborting a try of reach he summit when the conditions are adverse, it also [...]

    WEDNESDAY 03TH JUNE

    THE CHRONICLE OF THE DAY
    Failed. Too much wind, too many people and too much late.
    At the time we had foreseen to go out, it was doing very bad weather and we have waited until the conditions were better, but it was too much late. We had the same thought that the people that was waiting [...]